[dlc-dev] Contract id breaks on any changes to offer serialization

Thibaut Le Guilly thibaut at cryptogarage.co.jp
Mon Feb 7 03:33:46 CET 2022

Hi Chris,

I've tried to consider other approaches than the random temporary contract
id, but it seems to me that it is the best approach. One thing that I found
appealing was simply having a counter between the parties which they would
increment for each contract, but this leads to quite some issues if one
party gets out of sync or misbehaves so I think the random id is just
simpler.

One thing to note is that this change will also require a change in the
offer message since we will have to include the temporary contract id
inside it (at the moment we don't since it is computed as a hash of the
offer message). If we agree on this I think it would be good to get the
change to the offer message together with the serialization update in #163.

Cheers,

Thibaut